View Single Post
Old 21 January 2020, 02:05 AM   #22
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Consistency is a good indicator ... in my experience the address on 5th ave (RSCNY) has consistently been terrible.
i have to agree. had 2 watches serviced there in early 2019.

Had a 79280 Tudor Chrono serviced last yr. They returned the watch back to me w/ the bezel not aligned properly and both chrono screw down couldn't be unscrewed by hand. They also demanded to replace the hands that didn't need replacing by making up a story about the tritium lume in the thin hands cracking (total lie). Also wanted to replace the crystal.

I refused as recently retired Vanessa serviced the watch 2 years prior but she didn't have the 3 correct white gold sub dial hands as part of my dial swap. note: NY RSC knew nothing about the dial swap.

I now send my watches to Dallas but still use NY RSC if I need a quick model appraisal for authenticity ( for insurance purposes although they only value older models at their current MSRP).

At the end of the day, it's the RSC employees who help make our service experiences positive or negative and not the address since we don;t have contact w/ the watchmakers and RSCs can / do ship our watches to other locations for services.

I just find the Dallas folks more accommodating and customer friendly.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote