View Single Post
Old 31 December 2017, 10:49 AM   #16
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
I've been told in general by all the ADs that their hope is to sell to end users who will wear the watch. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that 7 ADs (not counting the branches of the same retailers) all told me pretty much the same thing about requiring a business card and the other requirements. It seems likely it is a local distributor requirement at the moment.

I currently don't have any hopes to clear any of the waitlists I am on in Canada. It seems my best lead is the dealer that quoted a year as they are one of the oldest Patek dealers in HK, and when I was there it just so happened that there was a guy collecting his 5712/1A, and he was a first time Patek buyer according to him. It took maybe about 30 minutes of sweet talking the shop manager to get my name down.

Of course, if I do get the call, that means a 16 hour flight each way. The 5712 is a watch worth it to me though.

Man, that sounds exciting! Well, at least for me because I won't be spending the 32 hour round trip journey on a plane The year should pass by relatively quickly, just enjoy what you've got or a coupe other purchases in the process to make it seem shorter Not a bit of doubt in my mind that this particular watch (or any Patek Philippe) is certainly worth it!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote