View Single Post
Old 26 March 2020, 12:32 AM   #3839
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
If you're advocating the banning of certain behaviors to stop the spread of the virus I'm surprised you omitted the most obvious and logical after kissing; consuming alcohol.

Drinking alcohol lowers inhibitions and causes people to act carelessly, letting their guard down among friends, family, and even strangers at parties, weddings, homes, it matters not where when it's alcohol-fueled. Some it causes to feel invincible and/or act downright stupidly.

Smokers are already social pariahs and people keep their distance, avoiding them. There's almost no crowded place where smoking is allowed. Also, the virus doesn't float along clinging to smoke particles whereas it can be transmitted easily through the slobber and spittle flecks of a drunk.
lmao. I knew I should not have posted any personal thoughts. and I assumed it would be a challenge from you in some way, before I even read your actual words.

my mistake. I was also obviously being a bit sarcastic. I did not mean to actually put the hoarders on an island together and televise it either. I apologize for attempt at humor.

for smoking, almost my entire team smokes. including my best friend and COO. I worry for him and them. If they get this virus, I would assume that smoking would make them more susceptible to the more severe problems.

in this case, for me, it is not about spreading the disease. it is about reducing the possibility of, when it takes hold, that it gets worse. I personally think nearly everyone is going to get it anyway. no matter what we do.

but yes, if we are going to really debate banning behaviors based on this virus than alcohol would be logical. Not only for the reasons you say, but also because it lowers the immune system and would make someone more susceptible to getting the more severe effects of the disease.

for the record, I was being facetious. Besides social distancing, I do not think we should be banning anyones behaviors. Sorry if that came off wrong.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)