View Single Post
Old 1 April 2020, 08:28 AM   #4597
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
I too struggle with believing the numbers. To hit 200K we would need to average over 1300 deaths a day for five months or 1600 per day for 4 months. Is that plausible? I understand there is a surge coming but still that is a lot of people. I am trying to wrap my head around this and can't.

Meanwhile some people (experts I suppose) are saying that we may be close to leveling off in some parts which makes this theory even more challenging.
In the ongoing press briefing right now Drs. Birx and Fauci are projecting 2200 deaths a day by the middle of April with a much longer tail of deaths than we have seen in the build up to the peak. They are hoping all the current mitigation measures will lessen these numbers but if not 2200/day will add up pretty quick. I think Dr. Birx said the projection heavily relies on modeling derived from NY and NJ and I think she mentioned another location so if other areas of the country mitigate to a greater degree, which seems to be the case in some locations, hopefully these numbers will be less.