View Single Post
Old 1 April 2020, 09:04 AM   #4613
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I hope you don’t take anything I say as an attack on you. The only things I know are 1) what has happened in past epidemics and 2) what’s happening right now. None of us have any idea what the future holds. Just guesses based on the past, on current best practices and predictions of near-future numbers.

Ultimately, it may very well be that decisions will need to be made based on the welfare of the many at the expense of the lives of the few. Percentages apply to populations, and that is what public health decisions ultimately apply to. To an individual, survival is not 98% or whatever the number turns out to be. It is either 100% or 0%. People in the our culture have never faced decisions like those coming. It remains to be seem how they are made, and how they are accepted by us. No matter what, it will be painful. There is no happy ending to this pandemic.
No personal attacks felt Joey.

I was saying that was predictable to someone else. It feels an awful lot like I have my own personal person that follows my posts and makes comments targeted towards trying to incite me.

Which of course it doesn’t. I find it funny and a weird kind of honorific.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)