View Single Post
Old 30 August 2015, 07:13 AM   #94
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandow13 View Post
hello new to the forum sorry for my English I am french What do you think of my tudor sub 7016/0 IV eta 2483 with dial small rose and needle snowflake thank you

Attachment 611918]
Sorry - I missed this post - what is the serial number? It may have originally been a 7016 with a dial surface that rotted - common in the very early ones, and replaced with a rods - but it also matches the hands well - anything is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
To follow up my posting of one week ago..

Tudor Submariner Ref 7021/0, Ser #7933xx, case stamping 1V 68, pictured with completely original watch, Crown (bezelled from use), dial (never replaced, non rot example), hands, insert and crystal. The bracelet is an after market product. Originally purchased from the AD in the International hotel Geneve, 1972.
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarrie View Post
Hello All,

This is my first post on Rolex Forums but I've been posting on other watch forums for a while under the same username. I read this thread a year or so ago and now I have come back because of a recent acquisition.

This watch was a personal grail of mine.

I got this guy from a retired Canadian Navy diver. At first I was worried about the dial and hand combination on this 9401/0 but this thread is just full of great news. The serial is a 86XXXX which dates it at 1977, which places it in the 1977-1978 date range mentioned in the article!

At first I thought maybe an old dial was swapped in during a service but now I think because the older dials wont fit on the 2776 that the dial is indeed original and the hands were swapped in a previous service. Or maybe they just aged differently. Either way, I love this watch.

Currently it isn't running but it is off to the watchmaker for some TLC. I can't wait until it is back on my wrist
Look forward to seeing it