View Single Post
Old 30 August 2010, 12:53 AM   #93
stropley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirotti View Post
Has anyone of you who is stoking this fire in regards to the durability of ceramic bezels, a) actually own one or b) actually had one break?

If so, then you are qualified to chime in. Until then, it's all 2nd hand hearsay.
I have one and my bezel broke so can I chime in? The only thing cheering me up at the moment is GMT-Master with his "only 3 or 4 confirmed cases worldwide". HaHa - I should be so special. Anyway I didn't hit or even remember knocking mine at all. After swimming in the sea a couple of times with it on I noticed a splintered crack between the numbers. A morning or two later I awoke to a shock - there was no bezel insert in the watch at all. It was lying nearby and had literally 'sprung out' like a circlip and flew several inches.

Mine is currently with Rolex being assessed so I don't know yet whether I have to pay (the watch is within the 2 year w'tee).

The picture attached is of a piece I found on the floor after I took the watch to the AD. I have a very blurry close up of the cracked bezel before it fell out altogether - I'll put this up once I get it off my camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28082010321.jpg (29.9 KB, 90 views)
stropley is offline   Reply With Quote