View Single Post
Old 15 January 2011, 04:19 AM   #119
tulgsT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
I posted on April 27, 2010 about my experience with Rolex Service in New York. I am no happier with them for the issues I stated then. However, the main thing is that the watch does work perfectly since getting it back. My AD cleaned and buffed the exterior of the watch and did what they could to rectify the situation. They stood in place of Rolex and took excellent care of me. I purchased it from Jared's jewelry and have purchased a number of watches from them including the 3 Rolexes we have. I have been more than satisfied with Jared's, but no so much with Rolex itself.

The GMT Master II is still my favorite watch and probably always will, but Rolex as a company is still not in my favored category. Should I decide to obtain a new watch at some time in the future, it will not likely be a Rolex. At least not a new one. I have given them the last penny I wish for them to have. They need to clean up their act before I or others I can affect would give them another penny.

Rolex NYC recently moved their service center facility out of the HQ in NYC due to financial reasons. I think it is now located in Long Island City. They were completely disorganized during the transition. Not an excuse, but it may explain the care they took. This has been the main reason why I have been holding off getting mine serviced in NYC.
tulgsT is offline   Reply With Quote