Thread: 15300....
View Single Post
Old 16 May 2018, 04:04 PM   #1
dmash
"TRF" Member

So I finally got my hands on one of these. Wow.

For some background, I was pretty determined to snag a 15400 at the end of last year. Loved the aesthetics, 5 year warranty implemented, seemed like a great fit. However, I was incredibly underwhelmed with the fit when I eventually went somewhere and tried it on. I felt it was entirely too large for a dressier piece, even on my 7.25" wrist. I say that as a fan of the 42 ROO.

Back to the 15300, I honestly cannot believe they ever switched it up to the new model. The 15300 fits and looks SO much better on my wrist. I also like the dial layout more, when I saw it in person with the AP at 12 o'clock. Can't believe I waited so long to find one and check it out.

So now I'm sitting here hoping that either 1. Prices seep back down AND I can find a near mint model or 2. A 15500 is released next year and comes back down to 39-40mm (I'm going to say with quite some certainty that this is probably not happening).

Those who have handled/owned both the 15300 and 15400......do you truly enjoy the increase in size? or purchased partially because it's the only new model you can buy?

*Oh, and sorry in advance to any 15400 owners for my over the top opinion on this
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote