Thread: 15300....
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2018, 12:58 AM   #5
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Yup, and it's a drastic difference, definitely looked too dainty to my eye and wasn't even a consideration. I honestly see why it's positioned as a women's model by AP. Aside from the overall case being small, the bracelet is more narrow and feminine. Here's a pic (not mine) where you can clearly see how the case and bracelets differ:

Another thing to take into account, is how the 15300 and 15400/15450 bezels differ. The 15400 has too much dial and not enough bezel. Honestly, I think the 15450 has the perfect amount of bezel for its dial. The smaller bezel of the 15400/15450 kind of elongates the watch even more, the bigger bezel of the 15300 kind of 'beef' it up and compact a bit.

Here's another pic (again not mine) to show you 15450 v 15300 and you can clearly see the difference in how the watches are perceived. The 15300 just exudes masculinity in my eyes.

I honestly don't understand why AP only offers the 37/41, 4mm is a huge difference and IMO was even more noticeable in person than I realized in pictures online. A lot of people say we have the 39 with the Jumbo, but that's a weak argument as it has no seconds, no quick set date, a different dial layout and only comes in blue. All of those things completely rule it out for me, the only thing I like about it is the thinness.

Thanks- great comparison , much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote