View Single Post
Old 14 March 2016, 02:27 PM   #22
Eric Chan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
Stunning watch. The changes to the 6 digit reference really hit the mark. Of course, the weight with the solid bracelet is tremendous and give the watch an ultra-luxurious feel. But also, the subtle change of polishing the lugs creates great contrast which really makes the yellow gold surfaces pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomon View Post
Good one year review, Eric! One thing you could perhaps report on for us is whether or not you needed to add or subtract a link over the course of 12 months. The one thing I wish the Day-Date did better is user-friendly on-the-fly bracelet adjustment.

Bit late for me to be asking though, as some of your photos posted helped get me interested in 36mm watches again and I've already managed to acquire a 118238 and a 118239 - both with black stick dials. So in some way you're the Dr Tom of the Day-Date!

Only cloud on the horizon is the nagging suspicion I've developed that it might be fun to collect these watches with different dials. And there are so many!
Thank you for the kind words.

No need for me to add or subtract links. I guess I am just lucky as I know a couple of guys who wear DD's and wish there was an Easylink option.

I am glad to be of some influence on you regarding the 36mm size watches. This one as you know wears bigger than other watches similar in size. To me it is the perfect and classic size for this type of watch. Hope to see your other beauties on the Forum.
Eric Chan is offline   Reply With Quote