View Single Post
Old 27 July 2019, 11:14 PM   #1
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Richemont Service Review - Horrible

About 6 weeks ago i sent in my Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150 2nd gen for a full service.

I was quoted $2300 CAD all in for a standard service\polish.

The watch was running fine, but i had just acquired it, the age was a mystery as the warranty card was undated but the seller and I determined it to be anywhere from 9-12 years old based on the data we had. As this was a watch i had been waiting to pop up on the Canadian secondary market and planned to keep a full service was appropriate.

Fast forward 6 weeks, after the watch was sent to their main service centre in Dallas the watch is returned to me.

I was so excited, the light polish brought the watch back to it's former glory and looked amazing.

i went to unscrew the crown and i had to exert more force then normal to accomplish this. i went to wind the watch and nothing. i couldn't turn the crown. it just wouldn't turn without incredible force, (incredible force in terms of winding a crown). I also wasn't able to screw close the crown either, as in order to do that i would have to do be able to turn the crown......

with some force i as able to turn the crown but it made a horrible clicking noise, I knew this was not good.

I immediately got on the phone with Richemont and it's now back in their hands.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm also worrying about the watch, it was working fine when i sent it in.

So $2300 spent on what i was believing to be "one of the finest watch makers in the world" got me a watch that was broken.

nice work Richemont.

Oh and to top it off, I'm in Winnipeg, they are in Toronto so I had to ship the watch via parcel pro to them. I requested they call me the moment it's in their hands so that i could have some peace of mind that it was successfully delivered and i received no call, even after leaving a VM.

Tracking says it was delivered so i will have to go with that until i hear from them.

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote