View Single Post
Old 6 October 2009, 04:54 AM   #28
nylawbiz

Watch: too many
Thanks for all your interest. Here's an update:

1. First of all, I clean the watch with "Scrubbing Bubbles' wipes at least once a week. The dirt you see is dirt that wasn't accessible until the bracelt fell apart! That maybe part of the problem; can't get to areas that need cleaning, and the dirt acted as an abrasive?

2. I called RSC this morning, and they said I should send it back to them. It happens to still be under warranty (I lost track of when I bought it) so no out of pocket expense, just inconvenience.

3. I asked if I could have it serviced at my RSC, an they said with bracelet issues it would have to be sent back to the RSC anyhow, so I might as well just send it there myself (are they trying to avoid the cost of paying the AD for the repair?). they're sending me a mailer.

4. I asked the person on the phone if this is a common problem, and she said they couldn't tell me until they see the watch. Fair enough.

5. I believe the spot welds did fail. I am very disappointed in the substandard engineering. It fell apart when I was simply puting it on Sunday morning. you would think they would have a mechanical connection where a part gets daily wear.

6. Think I should ask for a free polishing, for my troubles? (I know, good luck).

Thanks again for your interests.
nylawbiz is offline   Reply With Quote