View Single Post
Old 19 December 2010, 09:15 AM   #22
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxgrand1 View Post
Have you witnessed dust/lint/particles on the inside of the crystal or on the face of many Rolex? I ask because four of the last five Rolex which I purchased brand new from my AD all came with a special bonus inside the face/crystal.

My AD said that Rolex "was aware of it" and that they blamed the change in air pressure when they are flown from Switz which moves these little items from crevices into plain sight. I was under the impression that Rolex were watertight and thus airtight and figure that was just a line of BS and a poor excuse for bad Quality Control in that regard.

That being said I wonder why in owning 15+ other Breitlings, SINN, Ulysse Nardin, Omega, IWC - none of them had dust in the dial issues and I expect that they are flown to North America as well...

Do the AD's complete any QC on brand new Rolex from Switz or do you just unpack them and place then in the counter for sale?

Also do they look like this when they are shipped from Rolex (pic below)? Thus the green boxes are just for show / delivery right?

Kind thanks!
I will be completely honest with you, I have never come across any lint inside the watch before. The watches all go to Rolex UK first, and they will have their own internal quality checks, and we trust their judgement. It is extremely rare for us to have any watches back under guarantee, and when they do, Rolex are truly great at sorting it out. I believe my boss gives the watches a once over when adding them to our stock system, but there isn't an in-depth check per-se as we've never really had any issues at all with minor cosmetic issues. It may be that Rolex UK are a little bit more thorough with QC. As for deliveries, they come ready packed in their presentation boxes - it means that boxes and paperwork can't get mixed up