View Single Post
Old 11 June 2019, 11:24 AM   #57
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Consumer law trumps manufacturer warranty, if the State or Federal legislation dictates the OP is able to reject the goods as of unmerchandisable quality.
Obviously it benefits Patek to swap the bracelet, and push the OP to accepting this under the threat of not knowing how soon a replacement could be made available to him.
The problem is that I believe PP/AD could simply provide a full refund. That may be fine on an easily-obtainable piece, but in this case, it could be years before OP sees the same watch available again.

However, should the OP demand a new watch, PP will likely take the old one back, completely recondition it, and then sell it as new. I know this because when my 5065 died after a month of wear, I insisted on a brand new one. Several months after receiving it I got a call from the AD, asking if I could send back the box/papers from the original, as it had been reconditioned by PP and was back in their display case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I was just looking at my chnr and I'm curious why Patek doesn't have the screw heads perfectly flat / level with the bracelet like Rolex does?
Due to its thinness, doesn't the Nautilus bracelet use pins, instead of screws? Probably a lot harder to get that so perfect when you have so little space to work with and aren't using threaded screws that stop going in when the threads end.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote