View Single Post
Old 29 November 2017, 08:54 AM   #10
burnt888
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Amiroo;8073053]Fellow Vancouverite: I was in a similar situation as you. I had two Day Date II (41mm) in rose gold and yellow gold both with diamond hours. However I was eyeing the new Royal Oak Chronos (blue dial) since they got released last year. Long story short, I sold my rose gold Day Date, kept the yellow gold and added a 15400OR. When I saw the the 15400OR I fell in love and actually liked it more than the chrono as it was more "dressy" and I can honestly never get tired of staring at its blue dial. The yellow gold DD does get a lot of "looks" when I wear it and I'd say the AP is more under the radar, specially in rose. But those who know watches know just what a special piece it is. In our town, as you know, there a lot of people rocking Rolex, which is fine. However, if you want to stand out AND be under the radar (if that makes sense) go with the AP. You will never look back.

Quick question. In your opinion, which watch scratches easier between the 2? I've been wondering this for quite awhile.
burnt888 is offline   Reply With Quote