View Single Post
Old 9 January 2020, 09:55 PM   #15
Claven2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
Hi everyone,

I don’t like drawing to much attention to my watch whilst at work. I currently have a Reverso and BB GMT which most people don’t have a clue what it is.
I bought the Tudor BB GMT which on paper was perfect, however I find it too uncomfortable on the wrist due to its weight and thickness. This made me search for a new under the radar watch. I had the following criteria: bracelet not strap, not a Rolex, some water resistance and a date function.

I have small wrists, so ideally wanted 40mm, but I have found what I think is the watch I want, the Grand Seiko SBGA211 (the snowflake). Even if it is 41mm

Anyway, my question, out of the two watches what do you believe is the better watch. And are there any other watches which should be on my radar?

Thanks guys
Have you looked at the basic omega SMPc with the 2500D movement? It's comparable to the BB GMT, but better made (in my opinion), thinner, and shaped to ride under a cuff better. These are still at dealers in NOS condition.

The even newer models have been increased in size to fit the new 8900 metals movements. I'd look for previous gen.
Claven2 is offline   Reply With Quote