View Single Post
Old 24 April 2008, 05:54 AM   #23
superdelsol
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko.citizen View Post
if you dont mind me asking, is that an aftermarket dial on the DJ?

Datejust put simply, elegant, instantly recognisable and quality time pieces. Im wearing one and one of the shop keepers also mentioned how nice the watch was on my wrist. OF course, me not being the type to advertise the authenticity, shrugged it off as a copy.
We bought the DJ second hand from a diamond jeweler. At the time, I was just a Rolex newbie (still am), and didn't ask about the dial or the bezel. I now think that the bezel is an aftermarket addition, but the dial is original. Although I haven't seen many in blue, there are a few of them. I have even seen different colors of blue. Blue, dark blue, light blue, anniversary blue, and even a blue dial which is darker on the circumferance and lighter in the center. My wife likes diamond dials (of course), but I feel as though the diamonds crowd the dial, making it look smaller. The stick markers and diamond bezel has a unique look in my eyes. This DJ is an "E" S/N and dates to about 1990.