View Single Post
Old 14 April 2020, 09:04 AM   #9
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Thanks, I see you're on both forums!!! FWIW, I've not been using the Pelikan too much as I've been writing with the more expensive incomings.
Pelikans have generally been wetter writers as adjusted at the factory. MB's have generally been drier writers as adjusted at the factory.

But since the problem primarily seems to be at the start of a word after lifting off the paper the likely causes are in somewhat an order of liklihood:

Orientation. When you put the pen back down on the paper the nib is not turned so that the tip is parallel with the paper so touch across the full width of the tip. It can be related to the angle of incline or rotation of tip.

Wrist writing. Wrist writing tends to rotate the nib and actually helps when using ball points or roller balls but not with fountain pens.

Lastly ink flow in the pen. That can be solved but it's generally not something an end user should try. Honestly I've been using fountain pens for way over a half century but I still turn to them what do it for a living for many issues.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote