View Single Post
Old 10 September 2012, 11:12 PM   #95
Dick Jones

Watch: Rolex 116610
Resale value aside, Tag's have some very powerful fans... from http://www.watchtime.com/blog/obama-...ear-tag-heuer/

obamney Tag.jpeg

Obama has worn a vintage TAG Heuer Aquaracer for over 15 years, while Romney wears a more modern Link chronograph. No matter who wins the election, it looks like there will be a TAG Heuer in the Oval Office.

Even The Watch Snob has come onboard with the brand (sort of)

Quote:

While I will never withhold my opinions about lazy watch brands that hide behind marketing gimmicks, I also readily admit when a brand turns things around. You’re correct: TAG Heuer has put out some interesting watches lately. I’d even go so far as to say that TAG has become the overachiever of the big brands, and I suspect its R&D budget is finally approaching what it pays that actor from Titanic to put his baby face on billboards.

The V4, Mikrotimer, Mikrograph and this year’s awkwardly named Mikrogirder have shown that TAG is no longer content to sell quartz Links to middle managers. It is truly pushing the boundaries of what is possible in a chronograph, even if these are mainly conceptual pieces.

The dust-up over the Seiko-derived Calibre 1887 was handled well and is actually a fine movement, and TAG’s use of its design heritage in new watches like the Jack Heuer 80th Birthday piece is masterful. Of course, there is still some dead weight in the lineup like the Formula 1, the Aquaracer and the Link, so I’m not ready to pronounce TAG fully resurrected, but at least it is breathing again.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...#ixzz264VsNuBZ
For what its worth, I had a Tag Heuer 4000 Quartz. Never really loved it, but it always functioned just great and I regret selling it for almost nothing on eBay. If I had it, I'm sure I'd still wear it form time-to-time, and I think the Carerra is beautiful.
Dick Jones is offline   Reply With Quote