View Single Post
Old 30 May 2008, 12:45 AM   #105
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, David, and for all the comments, guys.

For 20+ years, I was a pleased to be a Rolex owner and left the fold some six years ago.

Recently I decided that the GMT I in my collection was not really meeting my needs so began to look around. I wanted something to track two timezones (not three) with a classic look to wear with jeans or suit (or in my case, black shirt/white collar).

The Explorer II seems to be the watch I am looking for. At first I wanted the white dial and then I saw the black and white side-by-side - black wins, hands down. More classic, more stealth.

So I've made my decision but still have two problems. The first is finding two black M/3186s in stock anywhere. (Yes, two as a friend wants one as well.) Secondly, I have never paid MSRP for any watch and finding a deal, even on two, has been difficult.

But regardless, I'm in no hurry and things have a way of working out.

Thanks again for a great thread.

Fr. John+

Hi again, Father John,

Thank you for the kind words, both here and in the PM. Congratulations on your inbound Noir Explorer II! This watch is the perfect sports Rolex for your usual attire, and will dress up and down and still look great with everything from your "off duty" street clothes, to your daily black/white, even Easter/Wedding robes. I agree that the black dial is particularly appropriate for you, and happy that you were able to source a good price, as this is a major purchase for a man of modest means.

I'm thrilled that my discussions helped you make a good decision, and if you're ever in St Paul, we'll have to get together. We have a pretty nice cathedral up here that you should see!
http://www.cathedralsaintpaul.org/

May the Lord be with you,
David
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote