View Single Post
Old 30 May 2008, 04:39 AM   #113
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acce1999 View Post
Thats interesting, and worth "exploring" a bit: Any pictures of the Explorers with calibre 3186 (the calibre itself in the case)? Do you mind giving us the first numbers of the M-serial. I assume M01..to M04...

Best, and congratulations on a nice choice,

A
I'll let you know the number when it arrives tomorrow. I will not have any movement photos and have to take the seller's word until I can get it to my watchmaker. I will perform the "wiggle test" for whatever that is worth.

It was very frustrating trying to find two black M/3186 EXPIIs. Most dealers had no clue as to the 3186 and could not understand why I was so insistent as to the movement. I kept hearing "The Z is the current model with the latest movement." "They look just alike."

The watchmaker at one AD came out and tried to convince me to buy the Z/3185 out of the case. "The 3186 is a new movement and you should never buy a new movement until it has been out for at least five years", the watchmaker told me. This was after he said that it would be 2-3 years before Rolex put the 3186 in the Explorer II.

Fr. John+
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote