View Single Post
Old 12 September 2018, 10:30 AM   #45
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense5 View Post
I would say, to secure business ADs should give a discount. When demand is high, there is no need other than to secure a buyer when times get tough. No discount also means I am free to take my business to someone more friendly/ willing to get me to come back or bring clients. But right now it’s pretty tough. I am hoping that cash makes them move a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cash won't do much if anything at big AD chains or ADs in big cities. you have to go to a small AD outside cities, that's how i got a bit over 20% on a dd36 2 months ago, and they even had to order it because they didn't have much stock to begin with lol. i definitely got lucky though, but i also got 15% at another AD nearby that same day on the same watch that was sitting in the case, and both with no negotiating

there is little point in even trying if you go to ADs with a lot of traffic. i went around all the ADs in nyc while i was trying to decide on the spec i wanted and i asked all of them about discounts and the best i got was like 6% off at tournaeu which at first was like 3% until i said if they give me a good deal i'll take it today, and wempe would've shipped out of state. i assume it would be pretty much the same story in other big cities
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote