View Single Post
Old 19 December 2018, 07:35 AM   #70
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Hey guys, I would like to EVERYONE involved in this thread for all the help! You guys really helped me out and gave me some solid information that got this problem resolved. I truly appreciate the knowledge and the time you guys took to help out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
270+ is for horizontal positions when fully wound.
That drop in amplitude for vertical positions is entirely normal.
Thanks for the info Bas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
Without meaning to cause offence this highlights the problem with timegraphers now becoming mass market items. Amplitude performance varies from calibre to calibre and while 320° might be the norm on one 270° is high for another. Also not all manufacturers will publicly publish their tolerances so unless the results are clearly out (as the original readings were) you won’t know if the results are ‘good’ or ‘bad’.

You pose the question about cal. 30xx not being able to achieve ‘high’ amplitude. Your readings show good amplitude for full wind for 30xx, and this reinforces the relative nature of terms high and low in relation to amplitude.

Bas is right, these numbers look healthy.
Sure, that is definitely a downside to widely available diagnostic tools but as people start asking more questions, finding information on what your caliber should be performing at will be more readily available on the internet. So eventually, that problem will more or less disappear. This is why I came to you guys first to confirm that my finding were valid.

On the flip side, had I not had a timegrapher, I would have been stuck with a poorly executed service from RSC. The timegrapher also allowed me to check my other watches that seemed to be running ok but the timegrapher showed me that I needed to have them serviced.

If anything, with the 14060, the Timegrapher has given me more confidence in using my local independent as their evaluation seemed more detailed and through than RSC's and I have a feeling that the independent would have done a good job the first time.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote