Thread: Random acts....
View Single Post
Old 30 August 2021, 10:57 AM   #50
SeeDweller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Joel (Mr. Goat):

I’m really impressed (and touched) by how you’ve responded to somebody paying for your pledge. It’s the coolest example of “pay it forward” that I’ve seen in a long time. Bravo!

I have been the recipient of people paying for my entry in the giveaways on After Dark a couple of times, and certainly have paid for others 4-5 times, myself. Hell, It’s $35-70 or so... won’t break me, but it sure makes me feel good to make someone else smile!!

The main group with whom I do eye surgery in Mexico is
“Ligainternational.org”. Been going to the San Blas Clinic with Liga since 1994, and will screen 5 to 600 patients, and do cataract surgery on over 100 of them… in two days! We have a well-tuned machine, with no money wasted. (That’s probably because 90% of the funding comes from two other doctors and myself, to begin with!)

All of our trips have been temporarily canceled due to the Covid issue, but we’re planning on starting again early next year. Really miss these trips, and I’m itching to get back.

Thanks for letting me get to know you a little better, Joel.
(And I’m sorry we got off on the wrong track, on that other thread. Looks like it’s all working itself out, after all. ). [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....
SeeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote