View Single Post
Old 15 October 2021, 01:54 AM   #21
Longhorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK SMASH
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Both are great watches. The decision, though, should be made based on which of the two complications you would actually use more.

If you would actually use a chronograph, you can't do much better than the 1815. I do think it will hold its value relatively well in comparison to other ALS models, since this is a historic movement that is well revered.

If you would get more use out of an annual calendar, the 5205 is an excellent choice. One of the most beautifully laid out AC dials on the market imho. As mentioned above, it might be worth your time trying the ALS annual calendar. Additionally, Laurent Ferrier make an excellent annual calendar as well. Both, the ALS and Ferrier annual calendars can be had at great discount in the grey market.
I don't have a great use case for either complications. As far as annual calendar movements, I feel like Patek's is less advanced compared to other manufacturers with ease of setting. LF's allows you to go back and forward with the calendar with the crown. ALS' calendar allows you to advance the whole with one button press.

Regardless, the consideration for the 5205 is to add a Patek to my collection, and is really the only model of their non-sport lineup that has really appealed to me.

Perhaps I'd use the pulsometer of the 1815 to measure my elevated HR in meetings at work. And the historic movement is one I'd love to add. I actually prefer the aesthetics and proportions of this watch to the Datograph.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote