Thread: Bored of Rolex
View Single Post
Old 18 October 2020, 11:26 AM   #56
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideMyWalletPlease View Post
I’m right there with you. It has nothing to do with Rolex. I have a Daytona, hulk, Pepsi, ap rooo, patek nautilus. I’m simply tired of spending so much energy on the hobby. I have what I want and hassle of acquiring new pieces is not worth it anymore. I’ve seen others on the forum ask “but are you having fun?” The truth is that it was fun for a long time, but it recently stopped being fun. The idea of continuing to spend time, energy and money on dealer relationships is not appealing anymore. I would still like to get a white face Daytona and brand new Patek nautilus, but I already own a gold Daytona and a vintage nautilus. The amount of BS I would need to go through to get the other 2 watches makes me not even want them anymore. Anyway, I’m just tired even thinking about buying watches. I have more than what I need and I’m just going to enjoy what I have unless I sprout 12 more arms or something.
One of the most insightful and honest posts I've ever read on TRF. Your candor us a delightful change and I agree with you 100%. A hobby, by it's very. existence *needs* to be enjoyable and fun. When it becomes 'work'....time for a change.

Great post

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote