View Single Post
Old 16 September 2014, 12:34 AM   #101
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paltak View Post
OP, while I only have 4 SS Rolex, like you I never considered myself a collector and 3 seems to be my sweet spot as well - a beater, sporty, and dressy. My SD and Daytona have the first 2 covered so I plan to give up the other 2 for the dressy piece.

Of all the Nautilus I've tried, the 5712R fits my small wrist like a glove and the dial is awesome in the flesh. However, while I can stretch my watch funds for a minty 5712R without impacting other financial priorities, for a commoner, I am somewhat apprehensive about wearing such an expensive functional art (considering I wore the same Tag Heuer for 20 years before getting the bug 4 years ago). It would be a dream though if/when someday I can work up the courage to pull the trigger.

This thread has been an awesome read and I agree with your philosophy completely. Cheers!

Thanks , yes if you truly enjoy wearing your watches and err less in the hoarding side, then this philosophy is for you. For some take less cash to realize it for others (me) learn the hard way. Although I have to admit that owing all those watches, it gives you a better understanding and makes your opinion or mindset have a weight/validity that it's hard to get without it.

Cheers !

Sent from the 3 Watches Philosophy Company headquarters

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote