View Single Post
Old 12 June 2019, 09:49 AM   #14
Hanze
Banned

Watch: G-Shock Frogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiclay View Post
This sounds like it may be a better opportunity than most for the OP. S/he says two local jewelers do not want to deal with online sales, so it may be that they, with their expertise, will handle all the buying, and s/he only presents their watches and sells their inventory online.

If s/he is not buying watches, but only receiving a percentage of the sales s/he makes online from the jewelers’ existing and future stock, then it may be that all s/he stands to lose is time. Presumably the OP would also be allowed to buy and sell on their own account, which has all the risks mentioned. There would have to be an arrangement with the jewelers regarding guarantees and returns/refunds, but it seems to me this may have some potential.
Not a percentage but like all re-sellers their list price is not a final sale price, so my goal would be to sell for what they are listed for and give the jewelers a couple of hundred dollars less, in my opinion that would be the fair way to go, for my time and work put it also yes I can decide which watches to sell but there lies a conflict of interest as the watches can equally be sold in house so I can have a potential buyer while 5 minutes later someone picks it up at the store also I am 100% accountable for a deal gone awry. Thanks.

Last edited by Hanze; 12 June 2019 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Typo
Hanze is offline   Reply With Quote