View Single Post
Old 8 December 2017, 12:21 AM   #7
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerioBear View Post
Hey Carl. Thanks for the response. All I can think of is that sometimes the crown felt a little tighter when screwing down. I should get a copy of that email but I guess I will get the detailed invoice after service too. The way the AD questioned me felt more like Breitling was suggesting that the crown had been damaged by me as compared to normal wear and tear.
Well you can ask them to inquire about the origin of your crown's problem with the service center, they would provide you with a clear explanation of what is at fault on it. Normally the estimate would state that the crown needs replacing with, at times, a small explanation in brackets.

Not to accuse you of mishandling your watch on your purpose or because you don't know better but having a crown problem after five years is not the most common thing to happen to it (although not impossible, hence the reason why you may want to ask what is wrong with it exactly), I can understand why it would be a hypothesis on their part. Having worked in this field, however, this is when asking the right questions and wording them the right way comes a long way, you do want to find out what happened and advise the client on how to handle their timepiece properly if the need arises without insulting them, for all we know there could have been that one time when you accidently did something to it and the rest would be history.

Feel free to keep me updated with the information you would get.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote