View Single Post
Old 24 May 2023, 02:13 AM   #8
Brazen331
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
A few weeks ago I set down the path to find a watch with dual-purpose capability of both casual and dress-ware. I then decided to try to thread the needle and see if could also kill 2 birds with 1 stone and acquire my first Panerai. I knew I loved the Panerai font and wanted a sandwich dial. Beyond that, my comprehension of Panerai history and the model number rabbit hole was very pedestrian. What an emotional roller coaster during my Panerai immersion and search! Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on a 42mm 574 Radiomir with black alligator strap in immaculate condition from Japan. I have had great success acquiring extremely pristine 2nd hand watch samples from Japanese dealers and hope the trend continues here. Now the wait begins.

Anyway, I have come across many posts suggesting this 11mm thick, 42mm watch will look very sharp on a 7” wrist, but can be dressed down as well with the proper straps. But, OMG, landing on this choice was, by far, the most grueling watch search I’ve yet made after a decade of watch acquisition. Hopefully, no regrets. Once again, first priority, was locate a watch that could work with a (black) suit but also dress down… being a Panerai would be a bonus. Let’s see where this goes.
That watch will look fantastic with a suit. The Radiomir also came before the Luminor so you are squarely in the DNA of the brand. The 42mm Mare Nostrums are also amongst the most desired pieces the brand has ever produced.

Of course the brand would be much better off if it was still producing the 183 and 190 and never developed all these other model numbers and variations in my view.
Brazen331 is offline   Reply With Quote