View Single Post
Old 16 March 2018, 07:01 PM   #9
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dberdichevsky View Post
it’s a little too large and heavy. Purchased BNIB, I’ve only worn it twice. Thought I’d love the size and all, but it’s larger than I thought it would be and the added weight is noticeable. Am I crazy or what? I really think a SubC date is the right one for me. I’ve tried one on before and I really think that would be a better fit. What do you guys think?

Looking at your picture I’m not completely surprised that the size and weight is not quite working for you.

The SD43 is a watch that needs to be worn above or behind the wrist bone and slightly snug, not right on the wrist joint where yours is (in my humble opinion). That way the caseback sits in the soft area between the wrist bones (l learnt that with my 16600) and the watch sits much flatter and more comfortably on the wrist. This helps both disguise the increased size/thickness and weight over the sub. I’d also say that you need to wear it for a while to get used to it.

I’d also recommend removing the divers extension.

My wrist is smaller than yours and worn this way my SD43 is extremely comfortable and wears just if not more comfortably than my sub.

But equally this reference is not for everyone and it may not be for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote