View Single Post
Old 16 March 2018, 07:13 PM   #12
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Looking at your picture I’m not completely surprised that the size and weight is not quite working for you.

The SD43 is a watch that needs to be worn above or behind the wrist bone and slightly snug, not right on the wrist joint where yours is (in my humble opinion). That way the caseback sits in the soft area between the wrist bones (l learnt that with my 16600) and the watch sits much flatter and more comfortably on the wrist. This helps both disguise the increased size/thickness and weight over the sub. I’d also say that you need to wear it for a while to get used to it.

I’d also recommend removing the divers extension.

My wrist is smaller than yours and worn this way my SD43 is extremely comfortable and wears just if not more comfortably than my sub.

But equally this reference is not for everyone and it may not be for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^This.

Always wear a more substantial watch behind the wristbone, and while not tight, snug. Get your little finger under the strap with a wiggle and you're good. It should be easy to adjust with the glidelock clasp. Give it a try for a few days, in an enviroment you are not going to add any dings before you decide.

As to the weight, a little reassuring heft can be pleasing, once you've stopped it sliding into your hand. But it's not for everyone.

The Seadweller is a step up from the Sub in many ways, and harder to find. Let it settle in before you flip.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote