View Single Post
Old 24 March 2020, 09:01 PM   #3614
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
And that’s something I didn’t even mention that many recent have.....that you can be sick and not be sick. You can be asymptomatic. That in and of itself throws a truck sized pipe wrench into the works. In the fall and early winter I knew many people who became very ill with all of these symptoms yet tested negative for the flu. Could it have been Covid-19? Who knows. And to those with family/friends in healthcare......whelp so do I. At the moment the biggest problems I see are these.....

#1. A lack of understanding from EVERYONE about what response is appropriate here.

#2. Leadership....not to be political, but when it comes to this we literally have a handful of state governors to look to. World leaders as a whole have been useless.

#3. This isn’t a manmade threat like global warming, etc. This is nature doing what it does and potentially thinning the heard. Let’s all remember that at the and of the day we are just animals. Like every other animal. Human arrogance has us believe our lives are the most valuable and we should all be saved but reality is, to ol Mother Nature, to disease, we could just as well be ants....

#4. And now I bring you to the idiots. The ones hoarding supplies though they’ll never leave the house anyway. The managers who can’t stand for their employees to work remote for fear of not being able to micromanage them. The scientist who tell everyone to hold up in their homes for 18months. The people that think getting us into 1.5-2.5 Trillion more debt will help anything (if they really wanted to help, they should somehow freeze all debt/repayments while this was going on so people could focus on necessities). The preppers. Man have they been waiting for this. The doomsdayers who scream the world is ending......

#5. A broken healthcare system. If 60% of people get this as is required to build herd immunity, our healthcare system will head down the tubes. And as such, when it’s all over I’d look for a huge push for a true overhaul.

#6. Politicians. I can’t think of one that isn’t a clown in some way. But they’ve all let us down here and as the next wave of voters come of age, I’d expect a huge shift in this arena in the coming cycles....that is if we are even allowed out to vote.

But what are the possible benefits of all of this??

#1. the potential overhauls to politics and medicine.

#2. The decentralization of business. If people work remotely for months on end and get used to the perks of it while achieving just as much as in a tired building an hours commute away, will they ever go back? Nope. And companies need to recognize and plan for it now. People may finally be able to achieve true work/life balance.

#3. Same as above for education. Institutions will crumble because why pay 30k a year to live in dorm when you can do it all online.

#4 a wide open more robust internet built from necessity.

#5 possibly a continued realization of the negatives of debt.

#6 more self reliance by those reliant on the system. Sure would be nice to be more self sustaining right now. A little land, a few animals and a garden may come in handy soon.

#7 and to that end an increase in personal living and survival skills overall.

#8 a reclaiming, if you will, of property for other uses. Not by the govt mind you but by the market. Because if more business and edu go remote, then vast swaths of office parks worldwide could become ghost towns and be reclaimed to build things that are actually important....like housing, parks, hospitals, etc.....

#9 and maybe just maybe, a toning down of the far lefts and rights and a return to community (utopian idea right?)

I do not not know where all of this will go, but I’m certain of four things......

#1 this thing isn’t “under control” until the bulk of us have it. I believe even producing a viable vaccine requires this, and the timeline for all of this is 1-many years.....

#2 with that in mind, quarantining for that long is never going to happen whether it should or not. Social animals won’t do that. Period.

#3 though our anxiousness has us feel the ends (saving a handful) justifies the means (basically shutting down the world), logic says it doesn’t. At all.

#4 and finally, it will effect us all in some way. And for everyone, I hope everything works out for the best. Stay safe folks.