View Single Post
Old 25 September 2019, 11:54 AM   #24
dlack
"TRF" Member

Consider a pre-owned Zenith 'El Primero' Pilot Chronograph (Ref. 03.2117.4002). Won't find a more revered column wheel chrono movement, one that was legend enough to make its way into the Rolex Daytona for the 12 years between 1988 and 2000, albeit with extensive modifications including the downgrading of the hallmark 36,000 beat rate. 42mm but wears more like a 40mm due to its moderately-sized bezel/in-board telemeter scale combo, and boasts a relatively thin profile at only 12.3mm floor-to-ceiling. Pictured is mine on wrist. Have yet to see one on a steel bracelet, but the OEM rubber-lined supple alligator side-stitched strap that it comes on, coupled with Zenith "star" deployment, makes for a sharp-dressed man (or woman who likes a larger-diameter case). I don't think Zenith coupled a bracelet with this particular pilot reference, but I'm not sure. A pre-owned one can possibly be found in your price range or is worth saving for, however they don't come up terribly often and sell fairly quickly when they do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zenithpilot.jpg (102.2 KB, 150 views)