Thread: Hublot vs Rolex
View Single Post
Old 25 January 2020, 10:57 PM   #29
Clasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
I live in London and the Hublot unfortunately (for me) is a brand widely recognised by the crowd that do the majority of the thefts. Like I said, luckily it's popularity is tailing off now, so soon I should be able to wear it again without a care in the world.

I think with you being in the USA you don't get to see much around the football (soccer) premier League scene of the UK. For a period it was a favourite brand of the highly paid footballers and team managers.

I have to say, that if I need to flex, the Hublot will open more doors for me than any of my Rolex ever could... (Sub C, Daytona C, SS skydweller, CHNR, TT Sd43).

Most people who know a Hublot see it as a more premium brand than Rolex. This I have experienced in UK and HK.

What you have written above and the recognition Hublot currently gets would make me quite happy in the knowledge of owning a Rolex and not the latest "in watch" as worn by footballers and others.

I remember the football casuals virtually destroying the Burberry brand for a long time something that's took ages and I'm sure a great deal of expense to recover from. This could easily happen again if not already with the overly exposed and often discounted Hublot. Remember Omega went down this route too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clasper is offline   Reply With Quote