View Single Post
Old 6 October 2021, 05:27 AM   #6
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
Ok. So not to put you off B&M.

You should also consider other ‘dress watches’ in that price range.

These range from Longines, Nomos, Montblanc etc.

Ideally ‘a classic dress watch for a man’ is a PM or plated watch with a plain classic dial and minimalistic markers, white or champagne colour, two under ideally (3-hand ok), no other complications per se.

Shape is your choice but since pocket watches were typically round the expectation carries over.

You names some nice brands and designs. But in my mind the top echelon would be the PP Calatrava, JLC Master ultra thin, VC Patrimony or the ALS similar.

Do cast a wider net before you lock onto B&M. Buying it is easy but getting rid of it isn’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is way I always come to the forum. Thanks for the suggestions. I would love a calatrava! I’ll start to look some more. I know it won’t go any were he was just throwing it out there. I do have plenty of time to go try some more watches.
Let me ask you this is a dress watch would be plated then when would it be right to wear a full gold watch? I don’t really dress up much.
Mostly for important holidays and one a year of a work meeting. Needless to say I’m lacking in the etiquette of being fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD58 is offline   Reply With Quote