View Single Post
Old 4 December 2021, 12:50 PM   #15
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
People keep repeating this garbage about the bracelet and clasp and it’s really overblown. It’s secure, in accord with the look of the watch, and have not heard of serious problems-other than these grips. Funny about how folks looked at the 5 digit clasps and bracelets and being perfectly fine, while seiko gets crucified for this.

As for the LE, who really cares if you like the watch get it. If not don’t. AP does the limited edition stuff too, no one gets too upset about that. Funny about that. Perhaps GS should start using their AD networks to limit supply like another brand we all know and love. The reality is from a business standpoint GS does this because it sells. They are a business and the purpose of a business is to make money. If it was not working you better believe they would change it.
Maybe the crappy clasps don’t bother you, or you’re not paying attention. Or maybe you have one of the few GS models that has a nice clasp.

The bracelets on the GS are beautiful, it just really bothers me they don’t taper it much. On my SBGE257 it tapers maybe 1mm. Most watches that taper from 20mm to 16mm is perfect. That’s my only complaint on the bracelet.

The clasp is garbage. Just look at these pictures. My SBGE257 compared to that on a datejust. One the clasp is huge, two they just put pin holes throughout the side for the adjustment. The large overhang and bulky size with the thin stamped sheet metal is also flimsy looking and cheap. Finally no quick adjustment like the ezlink on the Rolex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg img_1324.jpeg (82.3 KB, 858 views)
File Type: jpeg img_1329.jpeg (111.5 KB, 858 views)
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote