View Single Post
Old 5 December 2021, 04:35 AM   #19
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Doesn't the GS clasp fold together better and slimmer as the one part sits inside the other, unlike the Rolex? Also I prefer the smooth button release of the GS, rather than forcing open like the Rolex requires. I don't have that clasp, but it doesn't look that huge from here. The bracelet and clasp on my SBGT235 is the best I've ever owned on any brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
I don’t see anyone complain Patek and AP doesn’t have micro adjustments, neither does Rolex day date.

So is micro adjustment really that necessary or people just want to pick on GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Could it be better yes. Crappy is a strong word for a bracelet that does it’s job. If it failed, came loose, etc, that is a different thing. But garbage come on now. That’s a bit dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked up a video of the SBGT235 and have to say that looks like a well executed clasp.

Mine is still crappy (SBGE257). I’ll make a YouTube video one of these days comparing the clasps between my GS and other watches I have. A decent comparison is against even a Tudor BB58. I’m actually not that concerned about the lack of micro adjustment. It’s just a crappy cheap looking and bulky clasp on the GS. And it’s all about expectations - if this watch was $100 bucks I would say that’s a perfectly fine clasp. But this is a $6k+ watch, it deserves a much better clasp than the one they put. And coming back, I really do like GS. The finishing, the spring drive movement and how perfect that second hand moves, and how well they execute on the multi faceted indices and hour/second hand to make it shine. It’s a beaut. But the clasp on this watch is garbage.

Maybe it’s part of the fact GS has so many models and variants, and are doing releases so fast. The clasp really becomes an afterthought. Like I said, I’d rather they do less releases and get the watches right, than to flood the market.

Long term it won’t be a winning strategy for a luxury brand. This approach can work for Seiko, but not GS. I hope they realize it sooner than later.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote