View Single Post
Old 19 April 2018, 04:29 PM   #15
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
I

I own this watch and 3 things I do not like are the sword hands are so thin and the lume is non existent. It makes it very hard to tell the time in normal or night time. The third thing people don’t talk about is with the black version they used a paint over the steel bezel. It’s supposed to be some super paint that stronger then ceramic. They call it ADLC and it might be. But the bezel slopes Inwards for some reason and when you hit anything the paint on the bezel will Come off and you will see the steel underneath it. If the bezel was flat like the Rolex sub I don’t think you will have this issue. I have looked at many other preowned and notice the same issues. Chipping on the tip or rim of the bezel. I was told by cartier that the blue carrier de divers are now ceramic to solve this issue but as a guy who likes steel bands black was my only option. I hope this gives some of you thinking about the black model something to think about. As a 30 something year old I loved the look. The size at 42mm is spot on. But the bezel to me is the biggest drawback. If it was black under the ADLC bezel it wouldn’t be a issue but to have steel under it even the tiniest of chips you will see in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote