View Single Post
Old 10 December 2019, 02:16 AM   #35
G@tor B@it
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Professional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
No worries, make sure you really do your homework to know what your buying. My recommendation is to buy a full set which will make it more valuable down the road and easier to sell/trade if you ever decide. Since they are so hard to get from a AD (although not impossible) without a long relationship or spending large amounts of money a trusted seller here is your best bet.

Depending on what you decide on you may or may not spend over MSRP but you will have the comfort of knowing your getting the real deal without the potential of getting ripped off which seems to be running rampant on many forums with scammers.

Here's a few of the higher volume sellers here.

Best of luck in your search. The Sub is the quintessential Rolex.
Jim - Thanks so much for the reference list. I had already seen many positive reviews about DavidSW, and I even found my way to his actual website! I agree with you, I'm at this point only entertaining a full set. For the same reason you mention, to have greater flexibility to trade up. Or, God forbid, I realize investing $10k+ in a watch was a huge mistake, to be able to more readily sell!

My goal is #1 to buy an authentic full set, #2 to save money buying used over new. If it costs me up to $1,000 more to buy from someone reputable here, over Craigslist or Facebook, I'm ok doing that. Thanks for your VERY valuable insight!

Russ
G@tor B@it is offline   Reply With Quote