View Single Post
Old 24 January 2020, 08:43 AM   #19
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I don't like the bezel, needs to be steel. It has so much more charm and it's better looking than anything ceramic (same for the 14060 vs the SubC). Really don't get why people are so hyped up/fond about ceramic bezels. The look is so much different and when dirty ceramic doesn't look good.

I get what Seiko is doing but I'm not a fan of the changes they are making with the SKX line and this. But it is what it is.
I was a long time hater of ceramic yet now I own a 114060. At this point I've come to accept it but I definitely think it works better on some watches than others. One of the biggest things that draws me to Seiko divers is their hard-wearing, tool watch aesthetic. I guess it could be argued that ceramic actually augments their toughness, but aesthetically I don't think it works. I'm good with Seiko embracing ceramic as you move up their line in price but I think it's a mistake to start adding it at this price point. Or perhaps the world has simply changed and I'm out of touch.

Regarding the magnifier, it's interesting to see the perspectives of other posters here that like it to the point it is actually a selling point to me. For me these things stick out like a sore thumb and are just one extra thing to fall victim to the "misalignment problem." However I now have gained some additional perspective on the matter.
mgsooner is online now   Reply With Quote