View Single Post
Old 25 January 2010, 02:41 AM   #90
Olivierve
"TRF" Member

Hi All,

just registered because I just received a Tudor Price Date with following numbers : 79260P and serial H 446643. Silver dial, black sub-dials, Tudor back and crown.

The strange part is the bracelet: it is one same tone / mat, not alternate shiny and mat parts as on all your pictures, folding clasp with Tudor logo and security second closing, but also one tone. It is not the Oyster type but the one with several smaler inserts, not sure what it is called. No single part number or reference to be seen on the bracelet or clasp. Could it be that the bracelet is a fake? The watch itself is genuine, no doubt, but the bracelet seems an aftermarket copy.

Other question: I have never heard about 79260 POST-Tigers, always read about pre-Tiger or Tiger, but looking at my serial number H446643, this sounds to me like being produced between 2002 and 2005, when the Tiger sponsorship was ended, and my dail does not have a Tiger on it.

Loads of questions, but as the watch was a - free - gift from a friend that does not like it anymore, and he had no box, no papers and did no know the history of the watch, I was wondering if you guys could help me?

Thanks