View Single Post
Old 12 October 2018, 03:59 AM   #175
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
What's also is crazy is this scammer continued to use the same name, Keller, multiple times and somehow it worked.
Just a guess but that might be because the "money mule"'s name probably has Keller in it somewhere (first, last, middle, whatever.) or has something to do with their location (Keller, TX for example..yes, I googled it.)

The best thing to do is out the money mule's information. The name on the wire, account number, bank, location, etc...This way when people get this info, they can (if they're diligent/through) google that info first and see what comes up. The more information that is out there, the better it is for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Very sorry for the OP and others that have been scammed. No amount of after scam advise or "I would have done it different", helps. The money taken is real and the loss is real. If there is an upside, it should reinforces our diligence in transactions. The OP should also be praised for sharing a difficult situation with us. Best of luck to the OP.
I completely disagree about "scam advise" or "I would have done it different" not helping in this or any other "I've been scammed" thread. Of COURSE it helps. Maybe not the OP directly but it helps the people who have enough foresight to do a lot of research before sending off a ton of cash to some random person...hopefully they find this thread and heed the advice given by the various members.

I'll even double down and say that the advice is more useful then the condolences (as we OBVIOUSLY feel bad for the OP).

On a side note, I also get suspicious of sellers who don't immediately mark their thread "SPF" once a deal has been reached. To me, if they don't mark it, it looks like they're fishing for more buyers.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote