View Single Post
Old 12 October 2018, 09:54 AM   #180
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by function12 View Post
You can always try to file a complaint here too. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I hope you get some kind of just out of this. That would be a very tough pill to swallow.
I did this and everything else I could possibly do. The fact that there don’t appear to be any resources within law enforcement focused on aggregating/pursuing/investigating these cases would seem to embolden others to pursue similar wire fraud scams given that the apparent chances of being caught and/or pursued are so low. None of the authorities with whom I’ve spoken have given me anything in the form of direction or next steps. I’ve spent hours on the phone talking to as many people as I could across all of these agencies, while recovering from surgery no less, only to end up in the same exact spot I started in.

I’m going to explore other options and see if I can hire some kind of specialized investigator with expertise in digital/online forensics in an attempt to piece together all of the evidence and identify some kind of trail. It’s a long shot but the authorities have made clear that i should expect no such effort from them. Oakland PD told me there is one investigator that handles bank fraud for the entire city - they’re never going to look twice at my case.
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote