View Single Post
Old 30 January 2012, 11:01 AM   #19
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFZ4 View Post
Mobe,

loading pages depends on alot of things. hardware is only part of the equation, you also have to take in consideration the scripts of the page. some pages might load faster than the others because they are just plain HTML pages. add Javascript to the equation and the page will load a little slower.

test your internet speed. go to speedtest.net to see your upload and download results. for normal web browsing, i would recommend atleast 2mbps down stream speed.

4gig of ram is just the norm these days, you say you have a solid state drive? and its a 2 year old laptop? must have been pretty expensive back in the day.

Computer slowdowns are a normal occurrence through use. this is called OS ROt (operating system rot). Computers are like cars and Rolex. they need routine maintenance.

is your computer a windows machine or a mac?

if windows:

perform a disc cleanup and defrag the hard drive.
go to avgfree.com/pctuneup download it and run it. scan for errors. its a free first time fix.

you might also have some malwares so download malwarebytes and scan your system.

if all else fails. back up everything and reinstall windows. i can help you with this and give you some documentation of you need me to.
Thanks Alfredo,I forgot to mention I`m running Vista and Kaspersky anti virus.
My harddrive is disc and my internet speed is 30 mbps.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote