View Single Post
Old 9 January 2023, 01:34 PM   #3
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I got my 968 back in Nov and haven't had any skin discoloration at all. Since I bought it, it has really been the primary watch I've worn, just about daily. I don't shower with it daily, but a couple times a week it goes in with me. How is it discoloring your wrist with the titanium case back? Do you wear it really snug, maybe the case is pressing into your skin? I do wear all my watches pretty lose, maybe that's the difference?

What about patina? Does your watch have any, particularly expeditated or as some call "fake" ( I don't care for that term as it's still really patina, lol). My watch has developed very little in the two months I've worn it, just a very slight darkening in some area. Just thinking a heavy patina would seem more likely to leave some green behind.

For what its worth, I also own and have worn for many years an IWC Bronze Aquatimer and an Oris Carl Brashear. I have never experienced any wrist discoloration with these models either. I can't help but wonder if possibly some skin is more susceptible than others due to PH levels or something??

I read on another forum where a guy was having the green wrist issue with a very low end bronze watch and he put a coat of clear finger nail polish on the back. He claims the problem was solved.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote