View Single Post
Old 1 May 2017, 11:49 AM   #75
AFinchMustang
"TRF" Member

I recently got a 5167 and sized the band myself. I'm wondering if I may have made a $250+ mistake.

When I sized it I got down to 7 on the 6 o'clock and 9 on the 12. The band was still loose enough to not keep the watch in place on my wrist. With the watch face centered on my wrist the clasp was still to the right of the center on the underside, so I cut the 6 o'clock side down to 6, making the band 6-9. I would say the band is on the tighter side, but not any more so than any other band I've had.

The issue is the clasp is now causing me a decent amount of discomfort for a band that's supposed to be one of the most comfortable. It feels like it is digging into the underside of my wrist along the edges of the clasp; more so on the 12 o'clock side. It seems like the clasp is just not as ergonomic around my wrist as I would expect.

For what it's worth, I put the watch on my right wrist (which is a little smaller) and it was still uncomfortable on the underside. It can move freely and I can still feel discomfort from the clasp.

Has anyone experienced this? Could this be from making it 6-9 vs 7-8? I'm guessing I will have to buy another band when it's all said and done, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AFinchMustang is offline   Reply With Quote