View Single Post
Old 15 August 2018, 12:05 AM   #1
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Help with 16520 please

Hello

I'm hoping that someone can help with some advice about a problem I'm having with my 16520 Daytona.

I bought the watch a few months ago and it's a 1992 model.

The watch generally runs OK, it tends to consistently gain about 10 secs per day with my normal wear. The problem comes when I use the chronograph. Again this usually does not cause any problems except for a reoccurring quirk. I sometimes like to start the chronology at 12 o'clock. I did this at lunch time today. I checked the watch then and it was spot on time, now, exactly three hours later, the watch has lost nine minutes!!!

I have just contacted Rolex's UK HQ at St James's Square and someone in their service department told me that this does come up but very rarely, and can be a real problem to solve.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before and / or has had any experience of how to fix this?

I informed the dealer I bought the watch off soon after I bought it that there was something not right about the watch and they took it back and had it serviced by 'their' watch maker. Obviously whatever the problems is has not been rectified.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote