View Single Post
Old 26 December 2022, 04:11 PM   #7
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda01 View Post
Hey everyone

I have been looking to get a 26240st blue dial 50th anniversary. Any thoughts if price should drop even more because they are still producing the model but without the 50th rotor? How about some over all thoughts on the AP market?
Not looking to get it for an investment, just want to purchase it at a decent time incase I want to trade it for a future purchase.
It is better to wait if you can. Agree with the other posters that price may fall further in the short term.

I speculated that AP has been allocating and selling watches to many of what they perceived as VIP collectors when in reality, many of them are just flipping the watches in secret for profit or buying for speculation purposes. That's why at anytime, we saw greys having a lot of inventory for hard to get references while customers at POS have to put up with increasingly long waitlist or being told no chance.

So now that the tide has turned, they are unleashed in ever larger numbers onto the grey market at the wrong time so much so that dealers are not wanting to buy anymore for fear of further price drop. I think they have really got it wrong this time. With declining resale potential, this market will be gone and they will have to fall back on collectors market, many of whom, including old timers like myself, have been totally turned off by their behaviour. Good luck on that.

Nevertheless, everything is a cycle and no one can predict the future, maybe it will rise back again in years to come.